It’s time for another content update and there are plenty of new items to play with in Fortnite.
The Junk Rift item has been added to Battle Royale, which drops a large object onto opponents from above. It’ll send out a shockwave that will inflict up to 200 damage to opponents and destroy everything around it.
Glitched Consumables have also been added and you’ll find them at the explosion site where your object landed. These items can be Apples, Coconuts, Shadow Stone and Hop Rocks, amongst other things.
Dusty Depot and Dusty Diner prefabs are coming to Fortnite Creative, letting you add a little nostalgia to your builds.
Save the World gets the V6 Rocket Launcher and you’ll be helping Cloaked Star broadcast his Song of the Summer.
You can check out our guides for some of the more difficult Prestige Fortnite Season 10 challenges here.
Fortnite Battle Royale
Weapons and items
- Junk Rift
- A throwable item that breaks on contact and spawns a large object in the sky that plummets to the ground.
- The plummeting object:
- Damages players and destroys everything in its path.
- Creates a small shockwave upon landing that damages players and destroys everything in its radius.
- Direct hit: 200
- Direct hits slightly knock players back.
- Shockwave hit: 100
- Both hits immediately destroy vehicles and destructible objects on impact.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size: 4
- Epic Rarity.
- Available from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- Glitched Consumables
- Glitched Consumables are at the explosion site. These randomly switch between different forageable items from the past.
- Grant 5 Health.
- Grant 5 Shield.
- Grant 5 Effective Health (sum of a player’s Health + Shield).
- Increases player movement speed for a short duration.
- Hop Rocks
- Decreases player gravity for a short duration.
- Shadow Stone
- Turns players into a ghost for a short time, temporarily increasing their movement speed slightly and letting them dash through structures.
- The map has changed! The Rift Beacon at the Rec Center malfunctioned, causing an explosion that left a giant crater and created the Glitched Consumables.
- Glitched Consumables can only be found at the crater.
Art and animation
- The Green Toy Wrap has been updated.
- Because of this, owners of the Toy Soldiers Wraps bundle have been given the option to refund the bundle without the use of a Refund Token.
- NOTE: Players have 30 days from their next login to redeem this refund.
Prefabs and galleries
- Added 5 New Prefabs
- Dusty Depot Blue Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Gray Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Red Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Visitor Warehouse
- Dusty Diner
- Added 2 New Galleries
- Dusty Depot & Diner Gallery
- Dusty Depot & Diner Prop Gallery
Fortnite Save the World
- Mission details now correctly update when switching between different Missions with a controller.
- Resolved an issue where objective information was not displayed for the current Mission.
- Added some information that was missing from the Command and Armory tabs.
- Fixed an issue where the map was not loading properly after changing tabs.
- Game no longer crashes when launching a Mission through the “Play Now” button in the quest log.
- The Record Dash quest no longer states to find five records instead of four when in a full party.
Weapons and items
- The V6 Launcher explodes into the Weekly Store!
- Shoots small, fast rockets. Launches up to 6 rockets before needing to reload. Does not consume ammo, but has very low durability.
- Available in the Weekly Store from Wednesday, August 21st at 8 PM ET, until Wednesday, August 28th at 8 PM ET.